Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures
Call for Proposals
The Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures, the first common institution jointly established and financed by all 35 members of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership, is seeking proposals for activities and initiatives that support intercultural dialogue in all member-countries. The general objective of the programme is to promote a dynamic concept of dialogue between cultures and people and contribute to the visibility of the Barcelona Process through intellectual, cultural and civil society exchanges. The thematic priorities for 2006 are the following:
- EuroMed music and other cultural/artistic creation;
- EuroMed schools programme;
- EuroMed teams of young researchers;
- summer schools/exchange programs (artists in residence);
- libraries, promotion of books and reading, translation;
- intercultural exchanges for women in civil society organizations.
In order to be eligible for a grant, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- be a member of one of the 35 ALF National Networks;
- be non-profit-making legal persons – NGOs, educational, cultural, academic or research institutions, non profit media, foundations or local authorities;
- have their headquarters in a member country of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership; and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action, not acting as an intermediary.
The proposal must involve:
- at least two partners from two different Member States of the European Union, one of them member of an ALF National Network;
- at least two partners from two different Mediterranean Partner countries of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP), one of them member of an ALF National Network.
The three deadlines for submission of proposals in 2006 are 1 March, 1 June, and 1 November.
Contact: Anna Lindh Foundation for Dialogue between Cultures, Swedish Institute Alexandria, P.O.Box 1261, Mansheya Corniche, Alexandria 12111, Egypt; tel.: +203 48 31 832 / 48 31 953; fax: +203 48 73 855; e-mail: email@example.com; www.euromedalex.org