Call for Applications
The Cultural Exchange Department of the Singapore-based Asia Europe Foundation is looking for a trainee for a 6-month period.
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) seeks to promote better mutual understanding between civil societies of Asia and Europe through greater intellectual, cultural and people-to-people exchanges between the two regions. Through the meetings and workshops it organises in Europe and Asia, ASEF Cultural Exchange Department seeks to offer a unique environment where artists and cultural professionals from Europe and Asia can meet, exchange ideas and experiences and develop potential future common projects between Asia and Europe.
The trainee will be actively involved in the development of specific cultural exchange projects, acquiring a better knowledge of the Asian and European institutions, cultural networks and of international cultural management. He/She will learn the different steps of implementing a project from concept to its implementation, and will get more professional knowledge on working with different partners and cultural professionals from Europe and Asia.
The successful candidate will be assigned the following general duties and responsibilities:
- To assist the project team in administrative and logistical support in the preparation of projects and activities for the Cultural Exchange Department (sending invitations, postage, database up-dates, selected correspondences with participants etc)
- To do research on the cultural and art scene in Europe and Asia, based also on his/her studies and past working experiences (Internet and publications). This research will be an input for the development of ASEF cultural projects.
- To edit ASEF documents, publications, websites, update databases, under the supervision of the responsible project leader(s).
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- A young professional with experience in working in the cultural (policy) field and some international cultural project experience or a final-year student ideally from the field of cultural policy, arts management or international relations with a keen interest in culture.
- Excellent command of English (both written and oral) and strong interest in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Team player.
A nominal monthly remuneration: of SGD 1100 is offered for Singapore-based trainees, or SGD 1500 (including housing allowance) for overseas trainees. The duration of the traineeship is 6 months, the starting date is as soon as possible!
Applicants should send a cover letter detailing the qualities/contributions that he/she can bring to the Cultural Exchange project development and a CV highlighting past studies/work experiences related to the above job requirements to Wendy Lee at Wendylee@asef.org, if possible before 15 April 2007.
Contact: Katelijn Verstraete, Project Manager, Cultural Exchange Department, Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF), 31 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119595; tel.: (65) 6874 9724; fax: (65) 6872 1207; www.asef.org/dir/ce