Management of Unesco World Heritage Cultural Sites in Visegrad Countries
The Management of UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Sites in Visegrad Countries training programme for young heritage professionals organised by the International Cultural Centre in Kraków, Poland, to be held on 9-19 July 2009, welcomes representatives of public administration and NGOs engaged in monument protection in V4 countries, as well as heritage professionals from other countries in Eastern and Central Europe.
This summer session is aimed at introducing the objects on UNESCO's World Heritage list in V4 countries and exchanging good practices connected with the management of the Sites. The programme will take the form of lectures, seminars and study tours. It will result in acquainting participants with objectives and working mechanism of the world heritage convention and creating an opportunity for exchanging experiences on effective management of WH Sites in V4 countries.
Issues to be covered include:
- monument protection law in V4 countries and its execution
- monument protection structures in V4 countries
- promotion of the WH Sites and management of tourism
- protection of cultural landscape within and in the surrounding of the WH Sites
- involving local communities in the management of the WH Sites
- cooperation between different levels of public administration, private property owners and government in the management of the WH Sites
- cooperation with international heritage protection institutions in the management of the WH Sites
In order to apply, please send:
- application letter including the applicant's full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, educational background, degrees received, and current affiliation (CV/resume);
- evidence of substantial English language skills (certificate of proficiency or statement by an English speaking faculty member);
- a report (not less than 600 words) on Managing of a UNESCO World Heritage Site in your home country – threats and challenges.
Deadline for applications is 15 May 2009.
For more details and to apply please see http://www.mck.krakow.pl/view.php?idt=7&idm=227 or contact: email@example.com