Artist in Residence Programme 2014
In cooperation with KulturKontakt Austria, the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, the Arts and Culture makes available 50 residencies in Vienna for the year 2014. This call is open to artists, writers, composers, curators and art educators whose place of residence is outside of Austria. The residencies are available for the following disciplines:
- visual arts,
- art photography,
- video and media art,
- literature and literary translation,
- contemporary dance and choreography.
In addition, art educators and curators are also invited to apply. The residency is designed to offer an opportunity to familiarise oneself with the Austrian art and culture environment and to make contact with Austrian creative artists. Residents are expected to complete a project during their stay. Length of stay varies as a function of the artistic discipline:
- residency of 3 months for visual artists, art photographers, designers, composers, video and media artists,
- residency of 1-2 months for writers and literary translators,
- residency of 2 months for contemporary dancers and choreographers, and
- residency of 1 month for curators and art educators.
- A (basic) command of the German and/or English language is required. Age limits:
- 35 years of age for the visual arts, art photography, design, video and media arts, and
- 40 years of age for literature, literary translation, composition, contemporary dance and choreography, art education and curators.
Applications shall be submitted by 31 May 2013 (date of postmark) to: Bundesministerium für Unterricht, Kunst und Kultur, Abteilung V/6, Concordiaplatz 2, A-1014 Wien, Austria. In case of questions please contact: email@example.com or call at 0043-1-53120-6860. The application form can be printed out from the website of the Federal Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture at www.bmukk.gv.at