UNESCO International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD)
Call for Applications
The UNESCO International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) supports projects that are consistent with the overall objective of the IFCD, and which cover the following areas of intervention that lead to structural change:
- the introduction and/or elaboration of policies and strategies that have a direct effect on the creation, production, distribution of and access to a diversity of cultural expressions, including cultural goods, services and activities;
- the reinforcement of corresponding institutional infrastructures, including professional capacities and organizational structures, deemed necessary to support viable local and regional cultural industries and markets in developing countries.
The project implementation period shall be between 12 and 24 months. The maximum amount that can be requested from the IFCD per project is 100,000 USD.
The beneficiaries of the IFCD are the following:
- Parties (public authority/institution) to the 2005 Convention from developing countries;
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) coming from developing countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention, which meet the definition of civil society and criteria regulating admission of its representatives at meetings of organs of the Convention as mentioned in the Operational Guidelines relating to the role and participation of civil society;
- International non-governmental organizations (INGOs), which meet the definition of civil society and criteria regulating admission of its representatives at meetings of organs of the 2005 Convention as mentioned in the Operational Guidelines relating to the role and participation of civil society, and which present projects with impact at the sub-regional, regional or inter-regional level. Projects submitted by INGO must be implemented in two or more eligible countries.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 14 April 2017.
For more information, please visit: en.unesco.org/creativity/ifcd/apply