Dynamic Action Plan for the EU Co-ordination of Digitization of Cultural and Scientific Content
On 15 November 2005, the UK Presidency of the EU has recently launched the Dynamic Action Plan for the EU Co-ordination of Digitization of Cultural and Scientific Content, aiming to make Europe's cultural heritage more accessible through the Internet. The Plan outlines six objectives to be pursued:
- providing strategic leadership in a dynamic and changing environment in which rapid technological and economical developments are taking place;
- strengthening co-ordination and forging stronger links between Member States' digitization initiatives, EU networks and projects;
- continuing efforts in overcoming fragmentation and duplication of digitization activities and maximizing synergy;
- assessing and identifying appropriate models, funding and policy approaches to sustain development and long-term preservation strategies;
- promoting cultural and linguistic diversity through digital content creation; and
- improving online access to European cultural content.
The full PDF document is available at http://www.minervaeurope.org/publications/dap/dap.pdf.