Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures
Call for Proposals
The Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures is seeking proposals for activities and initiatives that support intercultural dialogue in the 37 Euro-Mediterranean countries. The Programme is co-funded by the European Union and the 37 members of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership.
The general objective of the programme is to promote a dynamic concept of dialogue between cultures and people and contribute to the visibility of the Barcelona Process through intellectual, cultural and civil society exchanges. The following equally ranked thematic priorities are set for 2007:
- Theme A: EuroMed music (workshops/festivals) and cultural/artistic creation;
- Theme B: EuroMed schools programme;
- Theme C: EuroMed teams of young researchers, academic mobility;
- Theme D: Mobility of artists (Summer schools/exchange programmes, artists in residence);
- Theme E: Women as promoters of Dialogue and the Media;
- Theme F: Network of networks: training, database, exchanges.
All proposals must fulfil the 2+2 formula, which consists in involving:
- at least two partners from two different Member States of the European Union; one of them must be member of an ALF National Network;
- at least two partners from two different Mediterranean Partner countries of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP); one of them must be a member of an ALF National Network.
No grant may exceed 90 % of the total eligible costs of the action, and all grants awarded must fall between a EUR 10.000 minimum and a EUR 75.000 maximum amount. The total available allocation for the year 2007 is 1,800,000 EUR.. The full Guidelines for Applicants are available from www.euromedalex.org/en/proposals.htm.
The two deadlines for submission of proposals in 2007 are 1 March and 1 June at 16:00 hrs Egyptian time. Proposals received by the Foundation after the first deadline are automatically carried over to the second one.
Contact: Anna Lindh Foundation for Dialogue between Cultures, Biblioteca Alexandrina, El Chatby, Alexandria 21526, Egypt; tel.: +203 48 20 342 or 48 20 343; fax: +203 48 20 471; e-mail: email@example.com; www.euromedalex.org