e-MobiLArt: European Mobile Lab for Interactive Artists
The European Mobile Lab for Interactive Media Artists (e-MobiLArt) is a project tailored around the process of creating collaborative interactive installation artworks. Such interactive mediated environments may involve the use of multimodal interfaces, ubiquitous computing and mobile or locative media technologies. The e-MobiLArt project aims to provide selected participants with an ideal context, that will allow them to travel, collaborate and exhibit their work.
During this project, artists and scientists who are active in creating interactive media art or pursuing innovative interdisciplinary research will have the opportunity to:
- create interactive installation artworks
- collaborate with other artists and scientists from different countries
- get technical support and tuition from experts on using innovative technologies for creating interactive art
- meet, discuss and collaborate with curators and museum organizers
- exhibit their work in at least two different European countries
- document their work in a special issue of Leonardo Electronic Almanac and the exhibition catalogue
- participate in an international network of artists, researchers, academics and theorists.
Artists from all disciplines are encouraged to apply to e-MobiLArt: interactive installation artists, video artists, visual artists, net artists, as well as musicians, choreographers, performance artists and others who wish to experiment with the use of interactive technologies. Individuals with a scientific background and the willingness to experiment in a collaborative artistic project, as described above, are also eligible.
Selected participants will attend three (3) workshops. During (and in between) the workshops, participants will work in groups in order to develop their projects. Tentative dates of the workshops are Athens, June 2008, Rovaniemi, August 2008, and Vienna, February 2009.
The deadline for applications is 16 March 2008.
Details and the application form can be found at www.media.uoa.gr/emobilart.