Guide to Funding Opportunities for Cultural Journalists in Europe
An On the Move Research Dossier Commissioned by the Unpack the Arts Project, 2013, 24 pages
The partners of Unpack the Arts approached On the Move in 2012 to work on a specific guide to funding opportunities for European cultural journalists' mobility, based on the model of the Guide to Funding Opportunities for the international mobility of artists and cultural professionals in Europe. The research team quickly realised how limited the sources of funding for the mobility of cultural journalists are. After consultation with the Unpack the Arts partners, it was decided to revise the content of the guide in order to complement the information presented with a research section and produce a more complete advocacy tool for those lobbying national and EU funders and policy-makers. The research/advocacy section is based particularly on the feedback given by the first groups of cultural journalists to take part in the Unpack the Arts residencies.
This document therefore has a double aim: (1) to help cultural journalists identify creative ways to fund their mobility, and (2) to advise policy-makers and funders on how to support cultural journalists' mobility as a concrete way of enhancing cultural diversity, cultural participation, the professionalisation of cultural workers, and the importance of the role of culture in Europe.
You may be interested in this publication if you are:
- arts writers, critics and theorists, working for (online) magazines, newspapers, radio, television, new media platforms, or any other form of media;
- media professionals focusing on the arts in general;
- writers and researchers in the cultural field with access to any form of media for the occasional publication of your writings;
- freelance, self-employed or employed by a media or cultural organization;
- policy makers and/or cultural mobility founders.
Please download the free guide from on-the-move.org/news/article/15719/guide-to-funding-opportunities-for-cultural/ or contact: email@example.com